Monday, March 29, 2010

Fashion week closes with Free Bud Light Lime


Ottawa fashion week closed tonight in the Rideau Center's newest restaurant, EXchange Pub. I was there to snap picture of, well, anything I could find; newspapers love pictures. I always get to assignments early because I'm new to the reportage, and most of the time I have no idea what is going on.
The most interesting part of my evening was either meeting Ryan Gosling's first agent, or flirting with two young bankers from Montreal.
Apparently Gosling, who is from Cornwall, originally wanted to be a singer but t Angie's Model's and Talent gently nudged him to follow acting. When a Man Loves a Woman used to be his go to tune, co-founder Lou Seymor told me. He also informed me that Gosling started a band called Dead Man's Bones, that according to my quick youtube research, preforms exclusively with children.
Flirting with the Hardy Boys wasn't as salacious as learning the details of 12 year-old Ryan Gosling's life, but it beat circling the room looking for something to photograph.
Ironically, the photo of them is under-exposed -yet another reminder that I need to buy a flash.




1 comment: